Home Business Tax Homepage

Home Business Tax Homepage

Powerful home business tax information

 Online Tax ID Number Application

Small home business tax question?

Question: Small home business tax question?

(Posted by: on 2011-08-06 09:20:20)

Hello, my wife just started running a family daycare, but does not make much money yet (a couple hundred a month and not enough to cover the expenses yet). My question is do we need to file tax for this? If yes, should we file tax with our personal income tax or should we file seperately as a family daycare business. Which way has better benefit for us? We are in CA. Thanks!


Posted by: jdkilp on 2011-08-06, 18:30:47

In order to file on your personal income tax form, you’ll need to form either a sole proprietorship or partnership. But, both of these structures make your personal property at risk in case of a lawsuit. So, I wouldn’t recommend either these. Instead, form an LLC or S-Corporation. Your personal property (such as your house) won’t be at risk, but you won’t be able to file on your personal income tax form. I highly recommend you pay a visit to the local Small Business Development Center to get advice (it’s free). To find the office nearest you: asbdc-us.org


Powered by Yahoo! Answers®

Back to Previous page

Payroll outsourcing. Trusted by over 500K U.S. businesses. Get a free quote at Paychex® today!

Bookmark Home Business Tax Homepage

Prosper.com, finance, financial, investing, lending, borrowing, banking, credit card, payday, borrowers, lenders, debt consolidation, Prosper, investment, personal loans, personal loan, investors, investment opportunities,
Sitemap | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact

© copyright 2011-2012 BusinessTaxFiling.net, All Rights Reserved.

Legal Notice: This website is powered by Amazon®, Adsense™, Yahoo!® Answers and Youtube™. All trademarks are copyrighted by their respective owners. Please read our terms of use and privacy policy.